Nov 22, 2007

Black Friday


Excited to Shop? We are!

It is currently Thanksgiving night and many of us are gearing up for what has traditionally been the best shopping day of the year - "Black Friday"- as many call it. Are you still not sure what the term "Black Friday" means? Well, it is an accounting term in which (supposedly) companies are "in the red" (or losing money) until the day after Thanksgiving, when they are "in the black" (or making a lot of $$$$$).
I have to a say, I am excited. I love shopping for other people at Christmas (actually, I would be kidding myself if I said I didn't like to shop for myself as well...after all, as a handbag fanatic, I can always add a new one to the collection). It is great that some stores will open tomorrow starting as early as 4am or 5am! I also learned yesterday that an area Starbucks will be opening at 4am (tomorrow only) to better serve all the early bird shoppers. Wow! Thanks Starbucks.

What a great way to spend a Friday...get up early, grab a caffeinated beverage of choice, and shop! With no school and no work for many, it is as if the retailers are just calling your name. Plus, you have to admit, there is a great feeling to getting your Christmas (or Hannukah, etc.) shopping done early.

Maybe we'll see you tomorrow. Just look for the Northwestern sweatshirts. :)

Nearby Evanston Shopping:
- Downtown Evanston (see the City of Evanston link, on the left)
66 Old Orchard Shopping Ctr.
Skokie, IL

1 comment:

Wendy Chen said...

I went for some crazy shopping as well. It was AWESOME!!!!! But I'm really exhausted afterwards :p